As most of you may know we recently had a baby girl, hence my LONG spell of no writing. She is adorable and worth all the work, and believe me it’s a lot of work! It’s incredible how quickly you resort to eating crap simply because it’s easy and you can’t find time to make a decent meal. Now that she’s three month old though she is way more curious and the other day did something which made me totally reevaluate my priorities on food. She reached out and tried to drink my coffee and eat my tomato. It hit me like a Mack truck that pretty soon she was going to be eating solids and I was her primary role model. I know a diet rich in fruits and veggies and lean protein, devoid of processed junk is recommended and that is what I’d like her to eat. So, if that’s what she’s gonna eat and I’m her role model, then I gotta eat that too. Not gonna lie, I miss the ease and convenience of a bag of something, but for her, I’d eat rocks. Thankfully though, this breakfast with leftover sweet potatoes from the night before is quite awesome, not to mention way satisfying, easy and quick!
1/2 cup chopped up roasted sweet potato
4 Chicken breakfast sausage (I used Applegate chicken and sage)
1 Tbs Shredded cheese (I used mozzarella Cuz that’s all I had)
1. Cut you sweet potato and sausage into roughly a centimeter dice.
2. Place a skillet over high heat
3. Add sausage and sweet potatoes and cook till sausage is done and everything is nicely browned.
4. Scramble the eggs in a little bowl and add then to the pan.
5. Immediately take the pan off the heat, this prevents the eggs over cooking. Stir till eggs are mostly done.
6. Serve and top with cheese
7. Apply to face